7.1.15

Soap and Glory The Next Big Thing Review

Each Christmas over the last few years I've received the big box of goodies from Soap and Glory. Soap and Glory isn't a brand that I buy often because when I get it for Christmas or birthday its a right treat and I appreciate it a lot more. But a few things this year and when comparing this years box to last years, might have to change the only once a year thing. 

Stolen this from the Boots website but this is what the set includes:
THE RIGHTEOUS BUTTER™ Body Butter 300ml
HAND DREAM™ Super Cream 100ml
ORANGEASM™ Body Wash 500ml
BUTTER YOURSELF™ Moisture Lotion 500ml
HEEL GENIUS™ Foot Cream 125ml
SUGAR CRUSH™ Body Scrub 300ml
WHIPPED CLEAN™ Shower Butter 250ml
SEXY MOTHER PUCKER™ Lip Lacquer in Charm Offensive 7ml
THICK & FAST™ Super Volume Mascara 10ml
OFF YOUR FACE™ 3 in 1 Daily Purifying Cloths (25 cloths)
A bonus drawstring bag

The righteous butter was also in last years box and something that I liked but didn't like enough that I would re-purchase. It was something that I would use just because I had it. It is a moisturizing  product and it wasnt that that I disliked, it was the smell.  The mix of shea butter, orange water juices, fog pulp extract, almond, mango and moringa oils just don't do it for me, it just smells a little weird for my liking.

The hand dreams is a diferent case. When it comes to hand creams am a right lazy one, its just not something that crosses my mind. But when I have the hand dreams in my sight I always use it because i know its a good quality hand cream. I really hate when hand creams leaves your hands feeling sticky and creamy for ages but this just leaves your hands soft. Yes, admittedly your hands are feeling a little bit creamy but its not for long, honest. 

The orangeasm is by far my least favorite soap and glory product EVER. I just cannot stomach the smell at all. I love fruity smells its all that I normally use but this one is a massive no. The smell is too much and the orange just really is not for me, at all. But on the plus side my mam really likes it and has kindly took it off my hands.  

The butter yourself has always been a favorite of mine simply because it was the very first product from soap and glory that I ever used. Original thought that it was a face cream and used to use it before makeup and me skin honestly never looked better, it was so glowy and radiant. But, then I realized it was for body and not face(oops). This is probably the most moisturizing moisturizer that I've ever actually used. I always apply it after a bath which is normally on a night and i can still feel my skin feeling super soft, looking hydrated and it feels as though there is still product on but not in a uncomfortable sticky kind of way.  

Okay something that I love doing that might be a little bit of a 'ergh weird' is putting creams on my feet. I just love it. So getting the heel genius is always a right treat that I know I will probably use every single night until every last bit is gone. I like to put it on then put my slipper on straight away v relaxing.  Depending on how much cream you use depends on the way your feet will feel if you apply alot your feet will be softer for longer and the product can still be felt on the next day. I absolutely love this its probably my favorite thing in the box which is slightly strange but yeah LOVE IT. 

The bestest smell that soap and glory have ever came up with is most defiantly sugar crush! My all time best smell for bath and body. I've never used the scrub but anything that smells like sugar crush I know I would love. When I use this I wear exfoliating gloves and apply to my arms, legs and chest. It gives a polish look and its always good to get rid of all those bad skin cells and dirt. So obvs you look clean and polished, you smell fab, this is just the best. Itg makes me want to buy all of the sugar crush range.

Whipped clean is something that I've never came across before, a moisturizer that you use while you're in the bath known as a 'shower butter'. On the back of the bottle it says to lather into your hands then rub onto damp skin and rinse. This makes your skin feel so much more moisturized than a body wash. I didn't actually know that there was such a product but I'm so inlove with it. It has a nice smell that isn't overpowering, cocoa, shea butters, grapeseed, sweet almond and macadamia nut oils. The smell isn't a uplifting fruity one like what a normally go to it is more of a warm relaxing smell. This will have to be re-purchased I'm amazed. Love it. 

The sexy mother pucker is another thing ive been loving, loving it so much its crept into my everyday makeup. A lipgloss that has a thick consistency that stays on all day. The colour has been a perfect one for a kind of natural girly kind of look. I really love this one and its made me want to try out more of the soap and glory cosmetics.

Something that has always put me off the soap and glory cosmetics tho is the thick and fast mascara. It always made my eyelashes short and clumpy. Its a no from me, will not be using this. 

But ready to remove this bad mascara quickly is the off your face wipes. These wipes get all your makeup off quickly without all of the scrubbing. These wipes also always remind me of toothpaste because the smell is minty. So, its something perfect to help you feel more awake on a morning because as well as minty it leaves you face feeling cool and refreshed. I actually really like these wipes, I normally don't use facial wipes but these are giving me second thoughts.

 This review has been slightly mix and if I've offended your fav product I'm sorry, your taste not mine. Probably the longest post I've done so far so yeah hope you've liked it:)
x


Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig