27.2.15

Small Haul and a Lucky Find!

 Normally in Lush and just any brand in general I tend to just stick to what I know. So why not try new things, scents and other skin benefits to just experiment, who know I may fall in love with something new. That being said all of the Lush products I have never tried before and I'm excited to try them all out!


Twilight

 The first newbie for me is the Twilight , this has being in Lush for as long as I can remember shopping there(I'm only 18 so hasn't been that long lol). I never tried it simply because I don't enjoy an over baring smell of lavender, its just not a fave of mine. I'm a bit of a night owl though and I always find it really hard to just drift off to sleep and am normally awake until stupid o'clock.  Lavender is well known for naturally calming you into a natural sleep. I thought that this would be good to try on a Sunday night because they are always the worst for getting to sleep ready for Monday morning. 

Ingredients and Benefits 

Taken from the Lush website.
Green meaning natural and black a safe synthetics. 
  •  Lavender oil is used for its antibacterial and antiseptic qualities whilst it is also calming the mind and helping to relax to aid sleep. Its used for medical purposes to treat things like burns, muscle pain and insect bites.
  • Sodium laureth sulfate used to remove and dissolve dirt and oil from hair and skin.
  • Benzoin resinoid used to get skin and good deep cleanse while helping muscles to relax and even adding shine to hair. It contains natural antibacterial and inflammatory. It has relaxing and soothing qualities for skin and mind, it then also protects hair and skin from loosing moisture. It is also know for helping muscle by stimulating blood flow and it also reduces swelling.  And just smells like sweet vanilla, always a benefit.
Hopefully this might help my sleep trouble! Excited to try. 


 Avocado 
 This is just something I would never even consider buying but I'm trying new things. An avocado bath bomb just doesn't sound appealing but it sounds natural and a lot of natural things are great for skin. This one is meant to be great for dry skin and since its still wintery over in England and skin gets drier lets try it out.

Ingredients and Benefits 
From the Lush website
Green natural and black safe synthetics 
  • Sodium Bicarbonate 
  • Citric Acid 
  • Fresh Avocado 
  • Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 
  • Lemongrass Oil 
  • Bergamot Oil 
  • Rosewood Oil 
  • *Citral
  • *Geraniol
  • * Farnesol
  • * Limonene
  • * Linalool 
  • Perfume 
  • Gardenia Extract 
  • Lustre Holly Sparkle

    • Avocado oil is known to re-hydrate and soothe dry, old or sensitive skin. Whilst also protecting skin to keep it looking and feeling healthy by enriching it to the vitamins A B C and E. Also re-hydrates, softens and strengthens hair.
    • Organic extra virgin oil contains vitamin E and is also great for a non greasy moisturizer. 
    • Lemon grass oil has been known to have anti-depressant qualities due to it being uplifting. It also has toning and antiseptic. is also deodorizing, because no one wants to be smelly.
    • Bergamot oil adds shine to hair by encouraging light reflects. It helps clear and refresh skin by it being antibacterial. The fragrance is uplifting and great for clearing and refreshing the mind, so it will be calming and relaxing. 
    This one is purely for all of its skin benefits! It sounds like it can do a lot of great things for skin and cant wait to test it. Although, my mam has her eye on it purely because its green. 


    Honey Bee
     The Honey Bee is actually a bath bomb that I've been wanting to try but never got round to buying, until now. I know that honey is naturally beneficial for you inside and out so it is one I've been meaning to try out and I like the smell.

    Ingredients and Benefits
    From the Lush website
    Green natural and black safe synthetics

    • Rhassoul mud is a natural mineral product used for cleansing and removing grease, making is great for skin and shampoo.
    • Honey conditions and cleans skin while also containing antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-fungal and antioxidant natural properties. 
    • Aloe vera soothes skin, reduces redness and helps calm skin that is exposed to different environmental damage such as sunburn or exposure to the cold. It is also a skin protector, leaving skin soft and calmed. 
    • Sweet wild orange oil used for its toning and antiseptic qualities combined with combined with the sweet smell that is known to boost spirit and even immune system  
    Looking forward to try this one after a while of wanting too!

    The Lucky Find...More Lush

    A Christmas gift set was found at my aunties house when we were helping pack everything because she is moving house, as a token of thanks she gave it to me. What a perfect way to say thanks with Lush. 




    I know that the blue is Shoot for the Stars or something along those lines but I dont know what the yellow one is! There wasn't a card inside the box saying whats what. Since its a Christmas set is isn't on the website so I dont know much info about them! But I'll use them regardless.

    The Body Shop Strawberry Shower Gel 

    I LOVE the Body Shop, I always have because me mam does and I used to sneakily use her body butter haha. Ive always used the Pink Grapefruit or the Mango or Coconut and just never tried the strawberry. The smell is gorgeous and it time for a bit of a change up from Soap and Glory. The smell is obviously fruity, its uplifting and sweet so its a refreshing scent. I think that is a really good scent for spring so hopefully English weather might get its arse it gear and get rid of this winter!

    Primark Sweet Vanilla and Coconut Candle 


    An old favorite of mine. I love this candle it smells amazing. Admittedly Primark candles aren't the strongest of scents when burning but its a subtle one for smaller rooms like the bedroom, which is all I use it for anyway. When it burns its a sweet but warming smell, which I like for bedrooms. But it also gives the room a bit of a refresh and smells clean. For a large 3 wick candle for £3.50 you cant complain anyway!

    That's it for this haul, if since all of these are new to me apart from the candle do let me know if you've tried any and your opinions on them! And what your fave things are from Lush because I'm on the hunt for new products to love 

    x

    Share:

    No comments

    Post a Comment

    Blog Design Created by pipdig