5.3.15

Lush Love Lettuce Face Mask


After hearing good things about Lush face masks and jut being obsessed with Lush they were a must try and now a must have. Love Lettuce being the first mask I tried and now re-purchased I feel as though I have the a good enough understanding of what this mask lives up to be.  When I was browsing all of the masks that Lush had to offer, not really knowing what was what my mam and I were advised the Love Lettuce as it would be beneficial for both our skin types. My skin type being normal to dry and blemish prone and my mams being oily with fine lines. And, we both ended loving it and craving more.



Firstly, something I love about all Lush face masks is having to keep them in the fridge. Its super refreshing and a relaxing contrast to standard room temp masks that I usually buy.
The thing that draws me back to Lush, like a gravitational pull, is the natural, skin loving ingredients used to make their products. Face masks being no exception.



Ingredients and Benefits
From the Lush website
Green meaning natural and black safe synthetic 
All natural!

  • Kaolin, a soft clay that cleanses skin and gently exfoliates skin getting ride of dead skin.
  • Honey is used for its antiseptic, antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-fungal properties whilst also conditioning skin. So when its used it will thoroughly clean skin whilst also softening and cleaning.
  • Almond oil is used for how moisturizing and hydrating it is for skin. Its packed with vitamin  E and also protects and soothes skin. When used on hair it softens and adds shine, although that isn't really relevant  when its a face mask!
  • Lavender  oil is used for a lot of different purposes. Firstly, its used medically for burns, cold sores, various skin problems, muscle pain and insect bites. It is antibacterial, antiseptic, deodorizing, relaxing and soothing.

I was actually surprised to see that there in fact is no lettuce involved, so its not as kind of leafy veggie smell that I originally expected its actually a lavender scent.
This face mask is great to give your skin a good clean due to it being so exfoliating yet hydrating. It brightens skin and makes it feel refreshed and awakened. Due to this, I love using this on a morning. I sometimes have the odd dry patch of skin from spots and this gets rid of that dead skin. It also reduced redness and pain of my spots and helped them clear up quicker than they normally do.  
Its easy to apply, although it is all natural it isn't runny like those homemade ones we've all attempted at one point. 
I used this mask every 3 days religiously and got loads of masks out of it! There wasn't only me using this it was also my mam and it lasted the whole of the 3 weeks until its expiry date. 

I love this mask and I have already repurchased it. It got a solid 10/10 from me and my mam, which says a lot considering our skin types are completely different. I'm no expert but I'd say that this mask is pretty good for all kinds of skin and if like us, not sure what to try I'd recommend this one.

Buy online here.

x










Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig