26.2.15

Lush Dragon Egg

Before I start I will just say that all photos are taken with my iPhone and aren't great quality but I didn't want to take my camera near the bath, I'm too clumsy for that. 



So, my most favorite bath bomb as it goes, Lush Dragon Egg not that I already haven't mentioned that on previous blog posts but the more the merrier when it comes to Lush. All that time ago when the Lush shop first opened its doors at its Sunderland branch Dragon Egg was my first thing I ever bought from Lush. As I was young and purely went off how things looked and smelt, this was the most appealing. Due to its spots of colours Ion the outside I instantly assumed that my bath would be a rainbow of colours but oh no. Also I loved the strong uplifting citrusy scent, nothing overly floral.


 So now that I know that Lush is so much more than just good smells and colourful baths I've fallen in love even more.  One thing that I particularly like is their strong campaign to stop animal testing, its a big selling point for me. Also, I like that a lot of their products are created using natural ingredients and if they're not natural they're safe and beneficial. And when they are created, they're created in store and they're fresh. 

Ingredients: From the Lush Website



  • Citric Acid 
  • Perfume 
  • Popping Candy 
  • Lemon Oil 
  • Bergamot Oil 
  • Jasmine Absolute 
  • Cream of Tartar 
  • Water (Aqua) 
  • Gardenia Extract 
  • Sodium Laureth Sulfate  
  • Propylene Glycol
  • Lauryl Betaine 
  • *Citral
  • *Limonene
  • * Linalool 
  • Gold Lustre 
  • Radiant Gold Lustre 
  • Colour 15510 
  • Colour 17200 
  • Colour 14700 
  • Colour 45410 
  • Rice Paper










  • Green being natural and black being safe synthetic.


        
    When its first dropped into the bath it just creates white bubbles with white foggy water. Then the spots of colour start to kick in so there's odd bits of blue and pink, sometimes green. Then the bath bomb kind of just explodes into orange. The bath water goes a bit of a weird yellowy colour, sometimes stronger colours make it go orange but it depends how much colour was added when making it. If its a weak orangey colour it may look like you might of wee'd in the bath. But normally it is a strong orange like the photos above. Also it has a slight shimmer to it but nothing that would make you and your bath shimmer for a week, its subtle and unless you look you probably wont see. So this will be brightening for skin adding that extra bit glow. 
    The water turns into orange silk, I find it strange that a bath bomb can change the water the water actually feels but this can. The water is softer and feels a bit thicker, its feels like it would give my skin the softening, relax, cleanse that it needs every now and again. Its always a pick-me-up when my some TLC for my skin, mentally and physically need to just chill out. 

    Skin Benefits
    All the ingredients sound great but not everyone knows exactly what they're beneficial for. 
    • Lemon and bergamot oil is great for reviving dull hair adding gloss and shine by changing the cuticle in the hair to reflect light.  Its refreshing for body and mind whilst also calming emotions, its antibacterial and antiseptic so it will help to clear up skin issues.  
    • Jasmine is usually used for fragrance but is also beneficial for muscles, calming stress sensitive skin and sometimes even depression. 
    • Gardenia could possibly have an anti-inflammatory effect(under going research). Its been used for over 2000 years to treat headaches and tension, irritability, and certain infections.
    • Propylene Glycol encourages skin to absorb moisture. Its often used in hair softeners to allow it to be combed easily. 
    • Lauryl Betaine for cleansing and conditioning. Used in a lot of products including shampoo and conditioner. 
    • Gold Lustre, used purely for shimmer because who doesn't want a sparkly bath from time to time.

     With all that in mind it just draws me back to the bath bomb and just lush in general more and more. Its my favorite for smellies. I think I have rambled on enough about the Dragon Egg but I just really love it haha. It will more that likely be featured in many more hauls and what not.

    They're £3.35 and can be bought online here.

    This has been a more in-depth review than normal and I've enjoyed writing it all! Made me feel abit cleaver. 
    Whats your favorite from Lush? Let me know 

    x




    Share:
    Blog Design Created by pipdig