26.1.15

Newcastle Shopping Haul

So on Saturday my mother and I decided a shopping splurge girls day was long over due. Some where that my mam never ventures to but I know rather well is Newcastle. Yeah yeah newcastle geordie shore, sex and drinking yeah, BUT its the best place in the north east for shopping. Since my mam always stays in her comfort zone of Sunderland I thought why not break the mould and go somewhere out of her comfort zone to broaden the shopping horizon. So we jumped on a train and done some, erm financial damage shall we say....


Primark
Okay so first things first socks, yes sock.




One thing that I love primark for is the socks. They're cheap, nice quality and I love the cute frilly ones. So I bought some black frillies for £1.50, bargain eh. I also just bought some plain black because mine always seem to mysteriously disappear and you can't never have to many. 5 pairs for £2, definitely can never have too many.


Okay so if you're the one of out all your friends, family, everyone at school, work and all you neighbours who has the tiniest titties then you and I share the struggle. I wasn't sure whether to actually post about this but its a girl essential and surprisingly enough I am in fact a girl. So being the flat chested one Im always looking for a way to enhance things slightly, so when I was recommended by a friend to try a primark push up I thought why not. I paid £6 for this and it WORKS yes a cheap, comfy, push up bra that actually does what it says on the tin? Well worth £6.
 My assets have well and truly been maximised.

Something that Ive been meaning to try for a while now is a beauty blender, when I went to boots I intended on getting the real techniques one but I completely forgot. The when I was in Primark I saw this one for only £1.50. I figured whether it works or not, it was only £1.50 so why not. As you can probably see I've already gave it a whirl, rather liking it so far. 


Urban Outfitters 

 Christmas is officially over (cries) but that means that there are still some sales on. These glittery nail varnishes were £1 each ONE POUND. I think that glittery nail varnish can be worn all year round so these were not staying in the shop. 

Topshop





After falling in love with Topshops lippys from the Wicked  I decided to buy another. When it comes to lipsticks I always seem to stick to what I know and get reds and berry shades. So I thought why not try something new and try an orangey shade so I picked up 'infrared'. I've already worn this and I love it, orange ' as scary as what I thought.  
I paid £8. 



Another thing that I picked up in topshop was this turtle neck crop. Im really loving high/turtle necklines at the minute so when I saw this for only £15 it was straight in my hand and to the till. I took the last photo just so yous can see how cropped it is. It sits perfectly with my high waisted jeans or leggings but I am a bit of a shortie. 

Boots and SuperDrug





When it comes to blushers and bronzers I tend to just stick to bronzers. At the moment I only have one bronzer so I thought i needed a bit more variety. I've heard some good things about sleek blushers so I thought I would give them a try. I opted for the lace palette costing £9.99. 3 different colours are great because I.m still uncertain about blushers so finding the right shade for me has been made slightly easier. Also I would just like to say that the sleek packages has such an expensive feel to it. Love it.



The concealer cult. Of course, the Collection concealer. I was running low on my fave Rimmel Match Perfection concealer so I did originally go for that one but then I saw this one.  I used to use this and love this every day. Recently whenever I've been trying to buy one of these they all been sold out! So I picked one up just incase of another Collection concealer shortages. 
I paid £3.99.



My all time favourite hairspray. Smells amazing, good hair spray, great packaging. Need I say anymore? Most people have tried this hairspray, its my hair essential. Much loved. When buying this I always go to SuperDrug just because its normally cheaper or theres some kind of deal on in comparison to Boots.  I paid £2.48 for it, it was £5 in boots. 

Lush

Girls day wouldn't be a girls day without lush right?



My trusted favourite bath bomb will always be the dragon egg. I love what it does to you bath, the way it makes your skin feel and most  importantly the smell. 
I LOVE this bath bomb been my solid fav for ages. I couldn't resist it. I bought it for £3.35.




Something that I've never seen in Lush before, new maybe? It the unicorn horn bubble bar. Look at it. just LOOK AT IT. It just looks great haha I love it. It smells like lavender  (what else would a unicorn smell like) and I'm so excited to see what colour this will make my bath go. 
I bought this for £3.25.




I've always wanted to try the lush skin care but just never got round to buying it. I have blemish prone skin, nothing major just the odd spot here and there. So something like tea tree is known for being a great spot fighter. Ive heard some good things about this tea tree spray so yes, like everything else I though why not. They come in two sizes but I opted for the small because I didnt know how my skin would react to it. I have used this twice now after cleansing and admittedly the spots that I had have disappeared. I am in now way joking. They have just vanished off my face with no redness either. So short term this has wowed me so lets see how this works in the long run. 
This cost me £4.25. 



Another something from the Lush skin care is the face masks. I love anything like these, natural, messy, abit vile looking products. Ive never had a fresh face mask either so I was eager to try one.  When we were in Lush we asked a lady who worked there which face mask would be best for both of our skins because my mam and I are sharing this one. She recommended the Love Lettuce one for my blemish prone and my mams fine lines and wrinkles. I have used this mask once and I really enjoyed it.
I paid £6.50. 


Annnd thats the end of my shopping.
I had such a lovely day shopping with my mam. It was great having a more in depth relaxed catch up. We both just really enjoyed it, was a great day out. I love going shopping with my mam, she just knows me too well and loves a good spend just as much as I do. In fact, I think my mam bought more than I did! Haha. After all of our shopping we thought there would be nothing better than a nice meal and a little drink. Chicken and purple rains? yes please. 
I will probably go more in depth with reviews in a little while after I give products a good try, but if you would like to know about any in particular just leave me a comment. 


Cocktails, wine and shopping all with my mother? What a perfect day:) 

xx
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig