31.1.15

Rimmel Wake Me up Foundation and Concealer

A cult of the drugstore. I think everyone has this foundation or at least heard of it. This has been my favourite high street foundation for a long long time. I've always repurchased it over and over. And of course, I have just recently re bought this. I have two of these foundations now in two different shade because one is too dark, and I also have the concealer. 




This foundation is a popular one for a reason. There would be no way I would keep going back if it wasn't doing something right.  I love the buildable coverage. I also think that this foundation is a kind of all-year-round. Each season I kind of like a different coverages but all seasons I have found my self using this due to that buildable coverage. For that reason, I have two different shades. When I have a bit of a tan or use fake tan I use the True Ivory but when I'm pale I use the Ivory. I think that when buying you need to be a little bit cautious just because they sound similar colours but tree ivory is a lot darker than ivory. So from that reason I would recommend trying a few different shades just to find a good match. When buying foundations and base products I was always told that if you're stuck between shades then always buy the lighter on; you can darken it down with bronzer. But I'm no makeup expert I could be completely wrong but its always been a helpful tip for me.



For me the concealer is an under eye concealer, rather than a blemish, spot or redness concealer. Like the foundation, it has a slight shimmer which is perfect for the under eye zone. Its a good coverage, covers black bags and is also a good highlighter. 

This range has probably been my most bought high street base products. I enjoy using them, I think they're all a great price and quality. Highly recommend.

x
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig