3.2.15

Real Techniques Brushes

My most used makeup brushes, my everyday and complete go to, the Real Techniques. I started buying these brushes about a year ago and my collection and love grew from there.


So it started with getting a kind of starters essentials set of the Travel Essentials costing £20.99. This included a finishing powder brush, a simple flat foundation brush and an eye blending brush. But i only now have the foundation and the eye brushes. I'm pretty sure that I got it for christmas of 2013, after pointing them out to my Mam every single time we were in boots for a hint hint;). Christmas 2013 was the first time I ventured into investing more into my makeup. Before I used all highstreet cheap makeup but then I started to discover bloggers and beauty vloggers who introduced me to a whole new world. I remember that Christmas I got these brushes, mac studio sculpt and a smashbox primer and I felt a million dollars.  

I fell in love with these brushes. I've used them every single time I've worn makeup ever since I've had them and that isn't an exaggeration. I used the brushes exactly what they were created for, foundation brush for foundation, powder brush for powder and eye brush for eyes. And I loved them. I honestly believe that they made a massive difference to my makeup even though I only had three of them at this time. It made me realise that it doesn't matter what makeup brand you have if you have the right tools to apply it properly it can work.

So keeping this in mind I started look for other kinds of brushes from this collection that were used and recommended by bloggers and vloggers. I built up trust with these brushes so I wanted to try more. I'm not familiar even now with what brushes are good and what brands are a go to, all I know is that Real Techniques are my go tos. 


So after loving the three brushes for ages my birthday soon rolled round and guess what some of my birthday money was spent on... So I got the Core Collection that costs £21.99, a 4 piece set that is used for base makeup.  This set contains a detailer brush, pointed foundation brush, buffing brush and contour brush. This set has been the most effective or most used. Having a few different base brushes can go along way. 

When I first got these brushes I stuck by the rules and used them exactly what they are for. But then I started to uses them for what works for me, like using the contour brush to blend under eye concealer and highlighter.  I like how soft and fluffy this is, I hate anything that is heavy and tough on my eyes so a light weight soft fluffy brush is perfect. I love the small detailer brush, since I'm spot prone its great having a brush thats a perfect size to get a full cover up on just that small selected area. The pointed foundation brush in this set is smaller than the one from the other set. So I like using it again, for selective cover up for redness its great for using it around the nose. The buffing brush has always been used for powder, I like how its soft, but firm. It isnt a big and fluffy powder brush it is more of a firm full coverage brush. Due to this, too much powder is just sometimes too much.


I heard some really good things about the Expert Face Brush so it just seemed to jump into my basket at Boots, costing £9.99. This is the first foundation brush that I've had that isn't flat, I was excited to try a blending round fluffy brush as an alternative. Ever since I've bought this I have used it every  day and I don't think i would go back to flat foundation brushes. It is so much easier and quicker to blend foundation to a flawless buildable base. I like the thicker handle it gives you more control. In my opinion this is the best brush from the range. If you like to spend a bit more time an getting a good base then this will be a staple for you. Its  my fave.

The the very last brush that I've purchased is the Blush Brush that also costs £9.99. This is a super soft fluffy brush. I like the long thinner handle, its great weight to apply bronzer. I use this brush to apply bronzer and blusher and I love it. 



The Real Techniques are the only brushes that I actually use for my makeup. They're the first brand of brushes that I splashed out to. I think that they are pricey but for the quality and how long you will have them for its worth it. I have some of these for over a year and they're still in just as good condition as when I first bought them, these will last years. I wash all my brushes regularly and when I wash these they go back to looking brand new. The product doesn't stain the brush look other brushes. The tops are back bright white. And, they don't take forever to dry.

When I heard that there is a new Real Techniques brush range coming out I was so excited but now that I've seen them and seen the price I don't think I'll be buying any. I personally think that they're way too expensive, yes they look nice and I'm sure theyre great quality and do great things but £20 on 1 brush is just out of the question for me. If I do get any it will be as a treat and take abit of saving. I just don't think it would be a worthwhile investment, when you can get alternative sets of multiple brushes from other brands that are apparently just as good for less money.

But, from this range I would definitely buy more, I already have my eye on what brush is next haha.
Love them

x
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig