16.4.17

My Guide to London

London, my happy place. I've only visited a hand full of times but its the place that I love and the place that I'd love to live. Its always been a massive dream of mine to just move out there, I sit on Right Move looking at flats there so much its becoming a bit embarrassing. 



Here's my recommendations from my few visits...

Accommodation

For me, a very important player. Every time I have visited London I have stayed in the same hotel, the Tavistock in Russel Square. It was a family recommendation, they always stayed when they used to work in London. For me its in an ideal location. Its very close to Kings Cross and Central London. When you're not familiar with a City its always best to be close to the areas that you'll be visiting and close to things like shops, parks etc. Around the corner from the hotel is a tube station and opposite that is cafes and a super market- a Prett and Tesco to be exact. Winner for me,  a nice coffee on a morning at a normal price then some hotel room snacks on a night. Not far from the hotel is a small shopping centre with restaurants, really useful if you don't wish to go into the hustle and bustle of Central London but still would like a nice meal to finish the day. A shopping centre is handy to, there is a Boots or SuperDrug there(can't remember which) they're always handy to have close, for when you forget your toothbrush! 


The Tavistock hotel its self is very reasonably priced and is a nice stay. Its a basic hotel room, nothing too fancy but its always been clean and accommodating for me. It has everything you need for a place to put your head down. The staff are helpful and very polite. Each time I have visited breakfast has been included in the stay. It is a help your self style and after I was set up for the day. Its a pleasent hotel in a fabulous location at a low cost. I due to be staying here again this summer and I'm looking forward to it!


Things to do 

This probably isn't the best thing for me to write about, when I go to London I have one thing on my agenda...shopping. My favourite thing about London will always be the way I can aimless wander for hours and miles and just find new sights and new places where I have never been to before. Its a massive concrete jungle and you can just walk to see what you find, had enough of walking? Jump on a tube and off you go. 


Something I have done is some museums, geeks at the ready. The Natural History is a stand out for me, who doesn't look a good dinosaur?? 

Walk and walk, honest I never plan things when I go. I just walk and see what I find, wander freely and enjoy it, soak London in!


Eating and Drinking 

London like all cities are hot spots for food and drink places. For me I'm really bad for sticking to what I know - this often saves money. Some places in London are over prices just because they're in London. Want coffee, stick to the mainstreams and it might save you some pennies- more shopping money.

One food places that I have been to that was amaaazing was Burger and Lobster and I reviews it here


What to wear




Go with it, wear what ever you want. Keep in mind, comfort! Trainers are a winner for me, like I said all I do is walk! London is a huge place and you will walk a lot, wear something sensible or it will be a killer for you!

Go to London and get inspired, enjoy!






Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig