10.5.15

Unexpected Love | Ted Baker Makeup

Christmas makeup gift sets aren't the type of makeup I normally would think of wearing. Its them that just make you makeup collection look bigger but you never use. Ted Baker is a brand that I am familiar with for beauty things, but not makeup. Surprising, I actually really like the products and after testing them for a good few months I feel like I can fairly speak about them. 



Like all things in life, some are better than others. With this makeup set some things I use a lot and some things just aren't for me. 
The things that I do use are the eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, chubby lip pencil, blush and eye lash curler. Bascially everything apart from the chubby eye shadow pencils.  

One of the things that just will never get used ever are the eye shadow sticks. They just aren't for me at all. I really dislike creamy eye shadows that are heavy and a bit sticky on the lids, so for that reason they will never get a use.

The blush is a lovely soft pink highlighting and brightening edition to my makeup collection. It has a shimmer, the highlighting and brightening part obvs. But the mix of colour creates a lovely blendible soft pink, perfect for spring. 


First up for love is the mascara. Whenever I first get a mascara I never have a love at first use sort of experience. But this one it didnt take as long as what it normally takes for it to creep into being my every day.  Its super easy to create volume and length for eyelashes. It lasts all day and doesnt flake away. One of my makeup problems is getting the awful panda eye of some mascaras, but *touch wood* I've never had any sign of panda using this. 


The eyeliner isnt the blackest of eyeliners. Its a softer kind of eyeliner that great for a softer casual everyday look. A lot the pen kind of eyeliners go dry when you use it, especially over eye shadow but I've never had a problem with this one. 
The only thing is i like a strong black flick so this doesn't get a lot of use.


The two lip products, one being the lipstick and one the chubby lip pencil are similar in some ways but at the same time complete opposites. The colours are both equally as wearable in my opinion, one being a classic red and one being a slightly dark purpley red. I feel as though the darker chubby lip pencil wins this time though.


Then just to finish this off is the colouring, rose gold always looks lovely on the dressing table.

X
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig