11.9.16

Summer Faves

Hello hello. It's been a long while since I've posted on here and I've now decided to come out of the dark. There was a sigh of relief when taking product photos after months, kind of the taking your bra off after a long day feeling. I think it's about time I get my blogging hat back on and kind of try again. There's a few different reasons to why I stopped but think it's about time I actually started again.

So I thought I'd kind of start simple with a faves post. So this is a kind of a summer faves/what I'm using at the moment.

Hair Care


Bleach London White Toner
I really love the Bleach London range and going to the salon would be a dream! They're the reason I started to bleach my hair. I do go to a hairdressers to get mine bleached but I use this around half way between appointments. This is really simple and easy to mix, apply and rinse which is sometimes a struggle when you're a one man band. My hair gets a good refresh and my colour kept strong, it's only around £6 at Boots and I only need it around once per month. Really great product for the blondies, check out the Bleach London range at Boots if you haven't already!

Toni & Guy Flexible Hold Hairspray 
If you're like me and live by the beachy hair code this should be on your essentials list. This adds texture without weighing your hair down or making it all crispy. This is also great to add waves back in after you've brushed your hair, perfect for them early mornings!  

Got2b Styling Primer
And yet again, getting them waves in. I use this when my hair is damp. It give my hair a lot more hold before styling. Since my hair is damaged I tend to use a lot of conditioning products which does make my hair soft and harder to style. I use a 50p sized amount and run it through my hair with my fingers then I'm pretty much good to go.

Toni & Guy Damage Repair Intensive Conditioner 
I've used this every time I've washed my hair for months now. It has now became an essential for me. If you have any damage to your hair or if you just like to keep the condition up this is deffo a one to try. I swear by it. This helps keep the split ends to a minimum, repair the bleach damage and keep the shine. 

Noughty To The Rescue Shampoo 
I've only recently started using this and a big thanks to KMI Brands for sending it to me! This is 97% natural and helps to restore your hair. I'm a massive fan of the double wash so first I use a really small amount just on the roots to remove oil and dirt, rinse and then use about a 50p sized amount and put the product all the way through. This really gives your hair a good cleanse and really does remove all the dirt but isn't harsh on the hair.

Perfume


Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess
Everyone and everyone's Mam has Bronze Goddess, including me! I've started to wear this everyday whereas before it was kind of every once in awhile. Perfect summer scent, I think everyone has heard of this one and please always know what I'm wearing. It isn't too pricey and is great for a light every day smell.

Marc Jacobs Decadence 
This is a new one for me. I got this as a little treat end of trip airport purchase. Now this one is my every once in awhile special perfume. I'm not massively into perfumes like I know a lot of people are so this was a bit of a plunge for me. This is a very unique smell and a gorgeous bottle! This smell is stronger so you only a small amount is needed. 


Skin Care 


The Body Shop Camomile Cleanser 
The Camomile cleanser has been a solid fave of mine for a long time now. It's so easy to remove makeup without the irritating scrubbing. Its really easy on the skin, it gives your skin a gentle cleanse but still removes makeup and dirt. It washes easily and doesn't sit on the skin afterwards and most importantly doesn't cause my skin to break out. 

Clinique Moisture Surge 
Yes its a small little box. I was given this sample when I made a purchase in Douglas in Amsterdam. I've used it until every bit was used and I have a full size one on order. This is a great pick me up for skin. Whenever its my skin is looking a little dull or dry I apply this and it moisturises and refreshes. 

Makeup 


The Body Shop InstaBlur
An oldie but goody. This was my every day for ages but I kind of tried other things but now I've went back and I'm confused to why I ever stopped using this.  The only primer that actually does blur out pores and imperfections, it smoothes out skin and leaves it looking soft without applying any makeup. When applying makeup over you can feel it sticking, which is something i do personally like, I have when it feels like it just mixes in together rather than on top of. It keeps makeup on pretty much all day(unless you're pulling an all nighter). It doesn't gather in places and keeps foundation smooth. 

Anastasia Beverly Hill Powder Contour Kit 
I got this whilst visiting Amsterdam and I now use it every single day. I love the shade banana, before this I always stuck by the transparent mattifying powder whereas this one is a yellow shade. The yellow shade really brightens and warms up my skin. It sets my makeup and mattifies it without it looking dull and flat. I also use all of the bronze shades, I don't really have a fave I just kind of mix the three. They're my everyday contour look/

Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Palette 
I've had this palette for a while now and the reason that it's in my faves now is that I wear 2 shades from this palette every weekday for work. I use the shade 'Zone' and 'Black Out'. These are both matte shades and together create a subtle everyday smokey eye. Like all Urban Decay shadows, the colour is strong and really long lasting!

Topshop Cream Blush 
This summer I've really tried to keep away from a totally matte base and go more glowy. I've found that a cream blush is really good for that. I love the Topshop Cream Blush in the shade Head Over Heels. It brings a bit more life into your face without being overpowering and overly shiny. I apply with my fingers then blend out with a fluffy brush, really simple and takes no time! 

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
I've had this brush forever and ever so it sort of found its way to the back of the pot. I started using it again and loving it again. No other brush that I have can blend foundation as easily as this one. Its super soft and an essential in my brush collection.

Mac Upward Lash Mascara 
The thing I really like about this is the short applicator, it allows me to build up length and volume in just the areas I need rather than all over. 


And that is it for now. I've finally came back from the blogging dead.
Thank you very much for reading!
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig